Baby Tag

Baby Tag - this is about Penelope (not "baby sister")

1.Where were you when you first found out your were pregnant? At our apartment

2.Who was with you? Myself - I decided to sneak out after work before Eric got home and bought a pregnancy test. I wanted to surprise him, but then I couldn't wait and told him as soon as he got home.

3.What was your first reaction? Excited, nervous, scared, happy - I guess that hasn't been the flu afterall, no wonder I've been so tired.

4.What was your husband's reaction? And I quote, "Are you going to dye your hair again?" Apparently he thought the pregnancy test along with the little instruction sheet I was holding came from a box of hair dye. :)

5.Who was the first person you told? Besides Eric it was Amy and Chad. We had sent my parents a photo frame with something like "Greatest Grandparents" and it had photos of each of their grandkids with one empty space where I put a paper with something like, "coming December 5, 2006" (my due date). Then we got anxious and had to tell someone. Then we told all my siblings and Eric's family. We replaced Eric's mom's fortune in her cookie with "Confusious says you will be a grandma soon" and then her lucky numbers were the due date. She thought it was my sister-in-law (who were in on it and with us at lunch). It was pretty funny.

6.Was the pregnancy planned? Yeah

7.Was everyone happy for me? Of course

8.What was the gender? Girl, but we didn't find out until she was born!

9.What was the nursery theme colors? Green, blue, yellow and brown (had to make it neutral since we didn't know the gender)

10. Did anyone throw a shower for you? My sister-in-law and mother-in-law.

11.Did I get any outfits I didn't use? I think we used everything at least once. Oh wait, not the 80's one piece outfit....sorry Mom, you remember it?

12.How much weight did I gain? Waaay too much, 35 pounds, oh yeah baby! But I lost it all (and some extra actually) within the first 8 months or so. Breastfeeding is great.

13.Did I get stretch marks? A few, but they actually faded after wards I think becasue of the cocoa butter - i love that stuff.

14.Did I crave anything? Not really. I had many, many food aversions though. Anything sugar was just nasty in the first trimester, Mexican food was a no in the second, and Chinese a BIG no after throwing up my favorite PF Chang meal on my birthday. I always wanted those little cans of peaches and had them about everyday at work.

15.Who or what got on your nerves the most? Maybe a better question would be who didn't? :)

16.Where were you when you went into labor? At 4:00 a.m. when my water broke in bed.

17.Did I have any complications? Nope, everything went great. Just took forever - 17 hours!

18.Did your water break? Yep

19.Who drove you to the hospital? Eric

20.Did you go early or late? 2 days before my due date

21.Who was in the room? The doctor, a resident who actually delivered Penelope, the AWESOME delivery nurse and Eric

22.Did you videotape it? No thank you.

23.Did you have any pain medication? Yes sirree. Epidurals are a wonderful thing...

24.Did you have a c-section or natural? Natural

25.What was your reaction to the birth? The first thing out of my mouth was, "What is it?" (referred to the gender). Then I was just happy.

26.How big was the baby? 7 lbs 1 ounces, 19.5inches long.

27.Did your husband cry? More than I did I think when she first came out.

28.When is the next one coming? Hopefully today :)

29.If you could would you do it all over again? Already am.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

You have to let us know when you have your new cutie! We are thinking of you and hoping for a smooth delivery!

Eric Miller said...

Yes I cried, more than she did. Penelope was too cute and I was extremely happy to be a dad!