Budgeting made simple

This is the kind of budget I like. Simple and to the point. There is more about it in an article on a great blog Get Rich Slowly. The article gives some helpful information in case you are like me and constantly looking for ways to better manage your money.

As poor grad students we definitely don't spend 30% on wants (much less). The articles makes a good point that you do have to spend the money you earn on some wants, otherwise what's the point of working so hard if you can't enjoy at least some of it. I think our money formula is more like 98% Needs right now but I'm hoping to use this as a guide in our next stage of life which is coming up SO very quickly. Only 2 1/2 months till graduation (not that I'm counting...) with a few promising job prospects and an interview next week :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

I love that blog. And we're right with you in the not so much money on needs right now :)

Amber said...

That is so exciting that Eric will be done so soon! John still has another year after this one. Good luck with the job hunting.

Eric Miller said...

Yeah I guess you are right that it is an interview, I was just thinking of it as a phone call. Now I'm a little nervous! Not really though, I'll slay it.